Laval, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Electrification Industrial Solutions (ELIS) empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The administrative assistant provides administrative support and assistance to the Customer Service group of various Canadian territories.
- Manages daily billing in accordance with the internal policies.
- Works with the Accounting Department team, during end-of-month, quarter and year-end periods (various analyses, reports).
- Participates in the time and payroll management process (timesheets, overtime report, management of vacations).
- Is responsible for issuing purchase orders as well as evaluating bids from the suppliers.
- Collaborates with the Business Operations team for the management of external customer systems.
- Works with the Business Operations team for the addition of new customers.
- Maintains and/or operates various databases and internal computer systems (Oracle, SAP, GECARS).
- Performs special functions and other tasks as needed.
- Three to five years of work experience in an office environment or with the public.
- Good comprehension of accounting concepts (selling price, costs, margin/profit).
- Excellent multitasking skills and able to manage conflicting priorities under tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Impeccable organization and efficiency skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with all of the Microsoft Office applications.
- High school diploma.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Experience with Oracle/SAP software or databases is an asset.
- Clear, concise and well-structured communication – verbal, written and listening.
- Teamwork – able to assume specialized tasks.
- Maintains a high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees as well as with external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork and customer service.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Excel (macros, pivot tables).
- DCS in accounting or certificate.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.