Field Service Engineer / Technologist – Power Delivery
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Field Service Engineer/Technologist will provide technical and business leadership to support customer’s power delivery needs. The person will have a high level of technical and mechanical expertise, be capable of planning, leading and executing power delivery work with the highest level of safety & environmental compliance, understand business profitability, and develop great customer relationship
- This role requires strong hands-on power delivery service, technical and mechanical skills, leadership, business acumen and highly effective communication skills.
- Test, commission, program, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, retrofit and install high, medium and low voltage power system equipment. Relay capability, test, commission, troubleshoot, upgrade, retrofit various types of protection and control would be an asset.
- Test transformers oil & dry types.
- Test, commission, troubleshoot, repair, erect, upgrade, various switchgear and voltage ratings.
- Develop service work scopes and assist with estimates for proposal activities.
- Schedule and execute jobs on-time and on-budget with world-class quality.
- Plan, coordinate, lead and direct activities for self and team to maximize productivity, utilization and profitability.
- Understand customer and market dynamics and implement strategy consistent with ABB objectives.
- Reach out to customers to grow service opportunities & suggest recommendations. Work closely with our sales team to maintain, develop and expand customer base.
- Identify and implement cost and process improvements and standardization to continuously improve cost productivity.
- 5+ years proven track record servicing some of the above equipment
- Familiarity with environmental protection procedures and basic electrical safety practices
- Make a work site and site activities safe for self and all other members of the site team
- Strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on capability
- Ability to understand documented instructions, procedures and electrical drawings, and develop the same
- Well organized
- Familiar with test equipment and testing procedures for power delivery
- Computer literate
- Excellent English written and oral skills
- Ability to travel locally and nationally 50% of the time, work overtime/weekends and respond to weekend and off-hours service requests as required
- Engineer or Certified Electrical Technologist with 309A Journeyman Electrician certification, with proven experience.
- Ability to work independently and lead a project / work scope / team with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent team player
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, and ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and team members
- Entrepreneurial, customer focused with ability to generate work and develop strong customer relations
- Apply practical application experience and knowledge of electrical power systems to develop and recommend solutions for customers’ power system issues and upgrades
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.