Lead Power Delivery Specialist/Engineer
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Electrification Industrial Solutions (ELIS) empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Lead Power Delivery Specialist/Engineer provides technical and commercial leadership to meet our customer's electrical power distribution needs.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- This dynamic role requires strong hands-on power delivery service, technical and mechanical skills, leadership, business acumen and effective communication skills to perform some or all of:
- Test, commission, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade and retrofit high and low voltage power system equipment, with strength in electrical tests, breakers, transformers and protection and control systems in addition to upgrade various sizes and types of transformers from 1000kVA dry type to 400MVA oil-type. Familiarity with load tap changers and/or VOP operation is an asset.
- Test, commission, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade various switchgear from 600V to 230kV and protection and control systems for lines, feeders, transformers, motors and generators.
- Design and modernization of protection & control systems, circuit breaker replacement, switching cabinets, starters, transformer & motors, design and modification of electrical networks
- Knowledge of variable speed drives, electric motors, excitation systems, power rectifiers, communication protocols, power management software and PLCs is an asset
- Develop service work cost estimate, prepare proposals in consistency with the commercial strategy
- Schedule and execute jobs on-time and on-budget with world-class safety and quality. Bring process improvement and standardization to reduce cost and continuously improve productivity
- Manage customer accounts and elaborate solutions for their challenges.
- Understand customer and market dynamics and implement strategy consistent with ABB objectives. Reach out to customers to grow service opportunities. Work closely with our sales team to maintain, develop and expand customer base.
- 5+ years proven track record servicing some or all of the above equipment
- Familiarity with environmental protection procedures and basic electrical safety practices to make a work site and site activities safe for self and all other members of the site team
- Engineer or Technician or Certified Electrical Technician/Technologist or Journeyman Electrician, with proven experience
- Well organized, strong mechanical aptitude and hands-on capability
- Ability to understand documented instructions, procedures and electrical drawings, and develop the same
- Familiar with test equipment and testing procedures for power delivery
- Computer literate with excellent English written and oral skills
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and nationally 50-60% of the time, work overtime/weekends and respond to weekend and off-hours service requests as required
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in Canada and a Canadian driver license
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.