General Accounting Team Lead
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
- Medical insurance
- Retirement plan
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a key member of the finance team within the GBS Front office in Canada /Quebec / Ville St-Laurent. Reporting to the Country Finance Manager you will provide support to the business, applying relevant accounting techniques and standards to identify and resolve issues.
- Oversee a portion of the month end close process including journal entries and account reconciliations approvals in compliance with internal guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to continuously optimize processes and procedures to gain efficiency and drive productivity gains.
- Participate in defining and implementing internal controls regarding financial reporting compliance.
- Perform non-routine analysis and provide recommendations.
- Serve as escalation point for complex accounting transactions.
- Guide the General accounting team based at Montreal and a transactional accounting team located in India.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- 5 years of relevant experience including sound skills in financial accounting
- Leadership, dynamism, autonomy
- Experience with computerized accounting systems and financial reporting software. SAP knowledge is an asset.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to multitask.
- Bilingualism (French-English), both verbal and written skills
More about us
Named to Forbes 2019 list of top 30 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process
The masculine form is used as neutral gender.