Senior Software System Engineer, Research and development
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products (ELIP) provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Our research and development engineers and scientists are developing ground breaking technologies that are changing the way the world works and how industries do business. We are constantly pushing the boundaries, while continuing to focus on achieving strong returns on investment for our clients and shareholders.
ABB is at the forefront of most strategic product segments, including the manufacture of electrical fittings, components and accessories, and emergency lighting, with proven principles: team spirit and continuous improvement.
You will contribute significantly to the positive results of the group's projects on emergency unit products and services relative to building products [and] global platform development . Under the leadership of the Director of R&D Technology, you will use your in-depth technical expertise to launch and promote the development of products and/or technologies.
- Act as a system engineer, within the Research and Development group, between the various global teams and departments involved in product development projects.
- Use your knowledge and skills in systems and software to find and implement innovative solutions.
- Design and document the system and interconnection level of the functionalities of platforms under development.
- Design and modify modular and innovative software components that meet the requirements defined by the architect of the emergency lighting connectivity product platform and the required modification requirements.
- Participate in the creation of the validation plans for the systems and software sections.
- Work with the various regional engineering teams as well as the product managers to understand their technical requirements, customer needs, the various standards and regional codes.
- Ensure that designed products meet customer needs, quality and safety standards.
- Live in accordance with ABB's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the company.
- University degree in software or electrical engineering with a minimum of 6-10 years of experience in embedded software design or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of programming language C (Java, SWIFT) and experience in Java Script.
- Experience at the system and integration level, ideally in wireless communications systems. (Bluetooth an asset.)
- Knowledge in software validation, automated testing and tracking tools for the development and monitoring of software problems (JIRA, Confluence, TFS, etc.)
- General knowledge of software such as Docker container.
- Experience in good practices of CyberSecurity.
- Knowledge in BMS protocol, such as Bacnet, KNX, Modbus, an asset.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.