Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Electrification business (EL) is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
The Customs Specialist will be responsible for supporting ABB Canada’s various Business Lines in the execution of customs transactions (both Northbound-imports and Southbound-exports) in accordance with Canadian, US and International regulatory requirements. As a member of the customs team, this position will ensure that all entries are released, classified and billed accurately.
- Facilitate in the import and export clearance process for ABB’s various Business Lines;
- Research and respond to import and/or export customs & compliance requests for information in a professional manner, and escalate to the Customs Manager, if required;
- Work with customers & carriers directly for missing documentation, information, instructions;
- Interface with custom brokers, freight forwarders, carriers, couriers, warehouses & terminals;
- Qualify country of origin, in accordance with the rules of origin; Prepare Certificates of Origin or Certification Requests in a timely manner; Maintain & retain NAFTA in TOPS;
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of ABB’s tariff database;
- Determine HS/HTS codes, Export Classification Numbers, ECL Numbers (for restricted goods), ECCN Numbers (for US origin goods), as required;
- Country of Origins, currency of settlements, tariff treatments, etc.;
- Manage the movement of ABB’s products in and out of various countries in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and ensure compliance with all mandatory local, country and international rules & laws;
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Solid working knowledge of Canadian and US Customs regulations and procedures;
- Experience in logistics, preferably with a mix of air/sea/truck;
- HS / HTS / ECN / ECL / ECCN classification experience;
- Effectively communicate with employees at all organizational levels.
- Strong written verbal and interpersonal communication skills in English as well as French;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work with various systems;
- Customs Broker License or Certified Customs Specialist is an advantage (but not required);
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.