Québec, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Grid Integration (PGGI) support customers in creating stronger, smarter and greener grids adapted to meet the needs of the changing power landscape. Our system solutions are designed and delivered to provide the highest lifecycle value with the lowest risk.
Under the supervision of the Transformers BU Market Manager and working closely with the Quebec City Factory, the Jefferson City factory and the Canadian Sales organization, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and the business plan to support the demand for of the Distribution Transformer product lines for the Canadian market. In addition, the Marketing Manager creates and manages the marketing action plan to achieve both the key qualitative and quantitative targets in a profitable way, and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the business success on the Canadian market of the pole mounted distribution transformers from the Quebec City factory, and of the pad mounted distribution transformers from the Jefferson City factory, Missouri, USA.
- Create, plan and execute the marketing plan, in line with the Global marketing plan and the budget target from ABB. Create the action plan to reach these objectives.
- Define the business targets in line with the Transformer Division’s strategies.
- Identifies all existing and new strategic segments and business opportunities based on analysis, defining strategy/business plans for each, and coordinating the relevant teams.
- Initiates, implements and reports market analysis and marketing activities.
- Gather relevant information on the customers and competitors required to complete his/her tasks.
- Establish a price strategy.
- Support the sales force in their tasks.
- Tackle any other tasks require to drive the product lines commercial success.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in management or engineering in any relevant fields (equivalent experience considered).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in business management or equivalent.
- Ability to create and maintain partnership relation with internal and external collaborators (networking)
- Ability to create a strong buy-in from the Sales Force, to rally them to your objectives
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills, leadership and strong priority management capacity
- Be autonomous and have great sense of organization and focus
- Be results driven.
- Have a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
- Experience managing employees is an asset.
- Product management skills/experience is an asset.
- Negotiation skills is an asset.
- Knowledge of the Canadian market is an asset.
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
ABB Power Grids values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. We are an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB Power Grids will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process
The masculine form is used as neutral gender.