Varennes, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
- External personnel
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Grid Integration (PGGI) support customers in creating stronger, smarter and greener grids adapted to meet the needs of the changing power landscape. Our system solutions are designed and delivered to provide the highest lifecycle value with the lowest risk.
ABB's Power Grids Transformers (PGTR) are a global leader in technology, and the largest supplier of transformers in the world. We are pioneering the digitalization of transformers, while working on the frontier of renewable energy and ultra-high voltage AC & DC applications.
Under the supervision of the operation manager and working closely with the supply chain team, the factory buyer is responsible for coordinating the purchasing activities related to the manufacturing needs of the plant. He provides support to the plant operations and is working closely with all related
stakeholders to improve the productivity of the sector. In addition, he has to oversee raw material inventory management and inventory tracking. He also assumes various functions of planning and sources of supply qualification. He overlooks the procurement of first quality components, respecting the costs and delivery times prescribed.
- Perform bids solicitations, send out and track purchase orders.
- Manage, maintain and optimize the parameters of the MRP supply system through SAP.
- Perform follow-ups with the suppliers and update deliveries or reception dates.
- Maintain and validate the department's monthly reports and performance indicators.
- Participate in different negotiations, including contractual agreements with suppliers.
- Assist planning, quality, product engineering, payables and other departments to resolve vendor issues.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and inventory control.
- Oversee and process supplier complaints non conformity issues (NCR).
- Bachelor's degree in management or in any relevant fields (equivalent experience considered).
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a procurement department.
- Certificate from the Canadian Purchasing Management Association (an asset).
- Demonstrated expertise on ERP Integrated Management Systems (MRP)
- Master the main computerized management systems and knowledge of SAP (an asset)
- Work conscientiously with autonomy and great sense of organization
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills, leadership and strong priority management capacity
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey. ABB Power Grids values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. We are an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB Power Grids will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender.