Finance Specialist - Accounts Receivable
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the Front Office- Global Business Services PG, in Ville-St-Laurent, Qc, Canada. Reporting to the Accounts Receivable & Credit Manager, you will provide key support to the business, ensuring the accurate tracking and processing of all transactions.
- Collect accounts and release orders.
- Complete credit analysis and determine credit limits for new and existing customers.
- Communicate and report to customers.
- Ensure accounts are properly reconciled.
- Conducts, investigates and follows-up on customer holdbacks and partial payments.
- Promote excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Identify credit risks.
- Any other related duties.
- Living ABB Power Grids Canada’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- College diploma in administration, accounting or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in collection and credit management
- SAP software expert, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Bilingualism - English and French
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage priorities and make decisions under pressure
- Methodical approach to quality of work
- Flexibility and team spirit
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey. ABB Power Grids values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. We are an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB Power Grids will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender."