Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products (ELIP) provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Reporting to the director of operations, you will be responsible for the management of the Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) Department at the St-Jean-sur-Richelieu and Saint-Rémi plants. Among other things, you will work on the promotion, implementation and management of the HSE programs. In addition, you will act as an agent of change in the development and implementation of innovative ideas in the field. As a member of the management committee, you will be responsible for providing guidance and leadership to your peers, plant managers and internal customers, as well as for serving as a catalyst to promote and maintain a strong HSE culture where collective success is achieved through the commitment and involvement of everyone to reducing risks to a minimum.
- Establish a clear vision and implement programs and action plans that will help build a culture of excellence in matters of HSE.
- In a coaching mode, put in place strategies to improve the safe behaviours to adopt and the skills and knowledge relative to the HSE orientations.
- Ensure the maintenance of performance indicators as well as the development and implementation of approaches and initiatives to increase performance in matters of HSE.
- Analyze, monitor and inform the management team of trends in accidents and incidents, inspections, audits and corrective measures.
- Provide effective and definitive solutions to eliminate sources of hazards, etc.
- Ensure the implementation, coordination, and improvement of the HSE processes, and support the implementation of the corporate HSE programs to maintain compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Implement programs and activities to raise employee awareness and increase involvement.
- Act as a support and "coach" to leaders in matters of HSE.
- Support the needs of the internal and external customers by ensuring the compliance of the improvements or changes.
- Être en accord avec les valeurs fondamentales de sécurité et d’intégrité d’ABB, c’est-à-dire assumer la responsabilité de vos propres actes, tout en prenant soin de vos collègues et de l’entreprise.
- Ability to supervise and motivate a team (leader of a team of 3 to 5 professionals).
- Excellent knowledge of the occupational health, safety, and environment laws, standards and regulations (including ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001).
- Personality that fosters the creation and maintenance of a great team spirit with a positive and dynamic attitude.
- Technical knowledge of HSE management methods and systems, and of their implementation.
- Good leadership and good influence skills.
- Be an agent of change.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have experience in a unionized environment.
- Mandatory bilingualism (French and English).
More about us
Named to Forbes 2019 list of top 30 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.