Production Supervisor, Logistics & Receiving (Day shift)
Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products (ELIP) provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Reporting to the Production Sector Manager, your main responsibility will be to track production needs in a unionized manufacturing environment that promotes participatory management. Must speak French and English is optional.
- Supervise a production team composed of approximately 10 forklift operators.
- Supervise other departments in the plant (10 to 30 employees) during the vacation period.
- Act as a leader in health and safety management.
- Contribute to the department progress in terms of HSE, quality, customer service, efficiency & continuous improvement.
- Implement measures to monitor the performance of your team.
- Be able to apply the basics of active supervision (explanation of objectives, production follow-up, feedback and capture and manage performance gaps).
- Ensure management of trailers in the storage yard and day-to-day management of the storage yard.
- Ensure management and coordination of the receipt of materials for our product lines (Cable Tray, Micro, Strut, Joslyn).
- Ensure management and optimization of storage rentals in the store.
- Ensure management and optimization of pick locations and tugger route management.
- Support the material planning team (e.g. external storage or other special needs).
- Ensure coordination of our transportation to Edmonton (satellite plant) and Bromont (distribution center).
- Manage a cyclic counting responsible.
- Take charge of the continuous training of his team (flexibility matrix).
- Participate in Kaizens or any other continuous improvement activities in the plant.
- Facilitate team meetings with employees.
- DEC in mechanical engineering, management or other related field or equivalent experience
- Five (5) years of experience in the supervision of unionized employees in a manufacturing environment
- Computer skills (Excel) and be able to perform analysis in order to optimize the receiving activities
- Ability to work in a team and interact with different members of the organization.
- Ability to effectively manage change (flexibility, adaptation)
- Knowledge of Kaïzen, Lean, 5S and Iso concepts would be an asset
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.