Québec, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Measurement and Analytics (IAMA) develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
- Ensure responsibility for procurement activities as part of product development and material cost control projects
- Measure and improve the performance indicators of the product lines for which the buyer is responsible.
- Coordinate the procurement activities with the Center of Excellence (CoEs) and the Global Commodity Management team.
- Contribute to developing and consolidating the current and future supplier base.
- Negotiate supply agreements and improve the terms and provisions of the current agreements related to the company's objectives.
- Configure and improve material supply chain parameters in SAP, in line with the best practices (prices, batch sizes, delays).
- Contribute to optimizing the inventories the operations and planning team.
- Place orders and track the parts that are critical to the operations.
- Negotiate and process claims and vendor returns (RNCs).
- Obtain order confirmations and update the date of receipt of the material. Ensure follow-up with the suppliers.
- Check and code invoices in the supplier invoice matching systems, and purchase orders.
- Develop and maintain excellent business relationships with supplier-partners
- Actively contribute to the enforcement of Controlled Goods Program processes, where applicable.
- Participate in continuous improvement actions on the supply chain of the product for which the buyer is responsible.
- B.A.A. or bachelor in operations management, or other related field
- At least five (5) years of work experience in a procurement, project management department or purchasing continuous improvement
- Excellent skills in both French and English
- Working experience of ERP/MRP system is a major asset
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to work within a matrix structure
- Technical and/or industrial engineering or mechatronics experience (asset)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously while having strong teamwork skills
- Knowledge of export controls, Controlled Goods Program and Industrial Safety
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.