Controlling & Planning Senior Specialist
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Power Grids (PG) offers power and automation products, systems and service solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain - enabling a stronger, smarter and greener power grid.
This new position will play a key role in the integration of the Power Grids (PG) business into the new joint venture between ABB and Hitachi. One of our key ambitions is to get faster and leaner, and to move closer to the customer. This role combines working closely with the Controlling & Planning CoE to drive process improvements and standardization, as well as hands-on support to the Power Grids business through its evolution.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a self-driven Senior Specialist who will seize this unique opportunity to take an active part in shaping the Canadian PG finance team and grow together with the rapidly developing organization.
- Provide analytical services to the Power Grids business functions based on customer requirements, including analysis of business performance versus budget and forecast, and validating accuracy of financial data and business information and reports by performing reconciliation and review of exceptions
- Support preparation of relevant organization financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, presentation of findings and analysis.
- Ensure processes and controls within own area of responsibility are designed and implemented in line with Group and unit requirements, and actively work towards the goal of harmonized and standardized processes.
- Responsible for the maintenance and support of PG SAP cost and profit center structures and reporting lines.
- Other annual activities including leading the coordination of internal and external audits, fixed asset counts, disclosure etc.
- Implement Front End Sales commission model for both the internal sales team and 3rd party agents.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Controlling and/or FP&A
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance and Accounting or Business administration. Accounting designation an asset.
- Understanding of end-to-end process, systems and data flows across organization at business and finance-side and proficiency in IT systems: SAP (or other ERP), Planning & Reporting tools and integrated solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with Process stakeholders at various levels. English required, French an asset.
- Good problem solving, analytical skills, ability to prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve objectives; focus on details, structured.
- Strong MS Office skills.
More about us
"It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
ABB Power Grids values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. We are an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB Power Grids will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender."