Robotics Service Technician
Saint-Laurent, QC, Quebec, Canada
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation (RA) business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
- Promote ABB Service Portfolio, Responsible to meet or exceed Customer expectations in an efficient manner
- Bilingual (French English) Spoken and Written
- Troubleshoot ABB Robotic equipment, mechanical and electrical at the Customers facility and in-house on the shop floor making the necessary adjustments to bring equipment up to running status.
- Make recommendations to customers resolve customer issues.
- Phone Support -Supporting customers remotely were possible
- Make follow-up with Customer to verify problem has been resolved or organize future call should the need be required
- Applying independent diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Complete in detail a Service Report for the Services provided in a timely manner.
- Responsible to keep up with current products and equipment used at ABB Robotics.
- Relentlessly promotes and enforces safety processes and practices
- Be available to be on call on a rotational basis.
- This Placement will be based in the Montreal area
- College degree with specialization in automation/robotics.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a hands-on Electro-mechanical environment.
- Excellent electrical trouble shooting skills
- Excellent Programming skills for ABB robots
- Bilingual French and English Written and spoken
- Strong customer focus and the ability to relate well to customer needs, strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a multi-disciplined engineering environment often under pressure filled conditions.
- Experience in dealing with customers to resolve problems.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, reference manuals, and assembly systems instruction guides.
- Good communication skills including the ability to write routine reports and speak effectively before customers or employees of the client organization.
- Safety awareness – IAPA training an asset.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.