Assembler - Breaker Shop
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions (ELDS) are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
- Assembly: Conducts all types of assembly work to produce a semi-finished or final products/systems/panels (ABB breakers/ITE breakers/GE breaker), including refurbishing. Work is typically done manually or by using light hand tools.
- Quality : The job may include regular quality testing as part of a defined production process.
- Continuous improvement : Suggest and support the implementation of improvement ideas.
- Health & safety : Conducts shop floor operation in compliance with health & safety guidelines and reports any non-compliance. : Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with 6S protocol
- Organization : Operates within standard operating procedures and maintains a clean work area.
- Inventory : Involvement with cycle inventory counts when needed.
- May work nonstandard schedules and/or at off-site locations
- Some travel required to off-site locations
- Diploma in Electromechanical technology or similar background is an asset
- Electrical license 309-442A is an asset
- 4-7 years’ experience in MV (medium voltage) circuit breakers service or manufacturing. Alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical operation of modern and legacy breakers is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of assembly techniques, tools, materials, machines, and equipment (good mechanical background).
- Read and interpret engineering configuration and wiring drawings.
- Works from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals or verbal instructions.
- Read, interpret and follow electrical drawings, understand the use of and is able to use electrical test equipment with minimal supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge and use of MS office
- Physical Requirements
- Able to do repetitive work.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.