Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions (ELDS) are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Lead the execution of field service projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
- 1. Project leadership: Leads the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Provides performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects.
- 2. Planning and scheduling: Defines, jointly with the Project Controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans.
- 3. Project execution and control: Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyses and shares lessons learned throughout the project. Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- 4. Contract, claims and procurement management: Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes.
- 5. Stakeholder relations: Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- 6. Health, safety and environment (HSE) : Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Project Management in the field of Low / Medium Voltage Power equipment design, build, deliver, install and commission.
- High level Site activities coordination with a focus on Health and safety.
- Excellent communication skills with an excellent Command of English and French languages, spoken and written
- Principles and practices of cost accounting;
- Understanding and interpreting contractual requirements
- Understanding and applying Basic budgetary principles;
- Mid-level computer operation skills, Microsoft office is a must, SAP is preferred
- Understanding engineering specifications and plans;
- Understanding and interpreting, with assistance, applicable laws and regulations governing contracts.
- Planning and scheduling Project tasks for internal and external team members
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Work under moderate stress conditions;
- Must provide proof of and maintain a driving record acceptable to the department's insurance carrier.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.