Application Engineer (80-100%)
Zürich, Oerlikon, Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees, thereof 6,000 in Switzerland. www.abb.com
For our Business Unit High Voltage Products in Oerlikon, we are looking for an Application Engineer. In this challenging role, you are working in specialist function within an international environment, in close collaboration with Research & Development, Sales, Project Management, our Service team as well as different external stakeholders. You have a background in electrical engineering and first knowledge in the field of power plants? You have high networking skills and are willing to travel worldwide as well as to work with people from different cultures? You are eager to develop your technical skills and to grow into an expert function within ABB? We then have the right job opportunity for you!
- Perform studies of electromagnetic transients in power system, e.g. short-circuit current, transient recovery voltage, ferroresonance or insulation coordination
- Perform power systems’ availability and life cycle cost analysis
- Conduct reliability analysis of generator circuit-breakers and keep updated statistics of ABB installed base
- Participate in customer workshops and sales trainings
- Support the sales force to manage customer’s technical requests and prepare technical documents
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- First knowledge in the field of power plants would be an advantage
- Good command of NEPLAN, EMTP, MATLAB, Mathcad and proven experience with optimization algorithms
- Business fluency in English, both written and spoken; additional language skills beneficial, especially in French and German
- High customer orientation
- Team working skills
- Willingness to travel and work in a global team
More about us
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 58 588 56 62
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.