Head of Strategy & Business Development, Business Line (BL) Turbocharging m/f (80 - 100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees, thereof 6,000 in Switzerland. www.abb.com
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enables our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains. Approximately 200.000 ABB turbochargers are in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We have over 100 Service Stations in more than 50 countries worldwide, relying on a strong and fast digital backbone.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Head of Strategy & Business Development BU Turbocharging, who will be responsible to identify new business opportunities and to support the business in strategy and cooperation aspects. You recognize opportunities beyond the current scope, formulate and pursue respective initiatives including Joint Ventures, acquisitions and strategic collaboration. Additionally, you manage and coordinate the current license and Joint Venture agreements and support the Business Unit as well the Product Groups regarding co-operation contracts. Do you combine a solid Business acumen with Business development expertise? Do you like to challenge traditional processes and solutions for driving our growing business forward? This is your chance to make a difference.
- Lead and contribute to BL global strategy definition and execution through the analysis and identification of markets, customer segments, competitive moves
- Proactively contribute the BL portfolio, corresponding capital allocation/investment strategy and resulting inorganic moves, i.e. acquisitions and divestitures
- Facilitate and organize annual revision of the Global Business Line strategy documentation
M&A & Partnerships:
- As part of the inorganic growth strategy, lead the development of an acquisition funnel as well as the prioritization and assessment of the targets
- During the transaction phase of acquisitions or divestitures, team up with ABB Group’s global M&A team to perform the Due Diligence
- Identify partnership/co-operation opportunities, develop respective business cases
- Draft, negotiate and manage contracts for licenses and co-operations in close coordination with the responsible Product Group Management or Function Heads
- Initiate and pursue measures in cases of infringement of IP rights
- Gather industry insights, systematically analyze and monitor market dynamics and update market intelligence for new business opportunities and for the annual update of the Product Market Strategy
Leadership & Collaboration:
- Lead a small team and ensure optimum management, staffing, retention and development of top talents
- Interact regularly with the global top management of the BU (e.g. including Managing Director, Product Group managers, Regional Hub managers, BL digital leader) and collaborate closely with Division Strategy & Business Development Head
- Bachelor or ideally Master’s degree in Engineering; a degree in Business Administration will also be considered
- At least 5 years’ experience in consulting, corporate strategy or M&A
- Proven experience in strategy development and implementation
- Structured, systematic and analytical, at the same time pragmatic and results-oriented
- Good understanding of financial analysis and valuation
- Self-starter with the ability to drive topics and initiatives to success at senior management level while creating buy-in in the organization
- Strong leadership skills and international experience with intercultural sensitivity
- Proven written and verbal communications abilities in English, German is an asset
Candidates must be in possession of a valid work permit, which would authorize them to work for ABB in Switzerland.
More about us
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 (0)79 294 80 85