Category Manager - Electronics
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Power Grids business delivers products, systems, service and software solutions as part of its comprehensive power & automation offering for the grid across the power value chain - serving utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers.
You as a Category Manager - Electronics, will be part of Power Grids business .Reporting to the Global BU Supply Chain Manager , responsible for developing and manufacturing products for protection, control and communication in power grids. These products include highly sophisticated and robust embedded electronics with a long target lifetime.
- Maintaining and build long term supplier relationships with the key suppliers for electronics.
- Leading the BU Category management network for Electronics.
- Working in close cooperation with the local units to draw up a well-judged purchasing strategy for electrical components.
- Leading the annual negotiation with the key suppliers.
- Ensuring availability of electronics components in line with customer demand patterns.
- Ensuring optimal total cost of ownership (TCO) and material availability for PCBA components (OTD & Quality).
- Acting as an escalation level in case of issues with subcomponent and/or PCB availability for EMS suppliers.
- Closely cooperating with the planning & fulfillment team as well as the electronic manufacturing suppliers to ensure best cost, quality and lead time of components.
- Ensuring that supply markets and demanding patterns are known and understood in the business unit
- Driving supplier development and improvement initiative incl. inventory concepts, dual sourcing set-ups and volume consolidation.
- Building up a life cycle management system for electronics and handling end of life components in cooperation with R&D.
- Leading for new designs the active and passive manufacturer & components selection (incl. software requirement) together with R&D incl. contracting with suppliers.
- Overseeing performance of the supply chain for electronics and ensure responsiveness to customer requirements and initiate remedial measures, as appropriate.
- Driving the automation of SCM processes in the area of electronics and electronics manufacturing.
- Leading supplier evaluation, qualification, and development.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant field.
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing of Electronic components and Category Management is Mandatory.
- Experience with REACH, RoHS and conflict minerals.
- Good communication and networking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Fluency in English language, written and spoken.
- Swedish language skills an advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Global Talent Partner
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd