Senior Power Electronics Engineer (80-100%)
Riazzino, Generic, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
As Senior Power Electronics Engineer you will be responsible for the development of power electronic converters for UPS (uninterruptible power supplies) and Power Quality applications. You will manage the development of power electronics hardware & software. Are you looking forward to work in a multicultural environment? Are you willing to take initiative and to drive the development of our products? Than join us now!
- Prepare the technical specifications according to the requirements of product management
- Realize the design of architecture and technical details, making the circuit simulation and the development of electronic projects
- Manage the design optimization by identification of technical, architectural and circuitry solutions
- Exploit the highest integration with the rest of our systems: mechanical parts, sensors, etc.
- Lead the realization of prototypes and project development, by implementing executive drawings, project and product documentation
- Execute preliminary tests for design pre-validation and analyze the quality and reliability of the prototypes
- Support and advise the test laboratory during all the testing phases and evaluate test and quality lab reports
- Bachelor or Master in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Power Electronics or equivalent related experience
- Experience in modeling, simulation and testing of power electronics
- Experience with software development
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in Italian and English (written and spoken)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Availability to travel occasionally
More about us
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 58 585 39 15