Country Trade Compliance Officer (80-100%)
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
At our location in Baden, we are looking for a Country Trade Compliance Manager, ABB Power Grids. As a team lead of two Trade Compliance Specialists, you will provide leadership and advice to local subsidiaries (LBL’s - Local Business Lines) and ensure that international, national and group rules are met considering trade compliance efficiency, effectivity and overall process integration. You will face a challenging environment where you have the opportunity to design and implement trade compliance structures in a new organisational set up.
Do you have a higher education and a strong track record in Trade Compliance? Are you equipped with well-developed leadership skills and the ability to create the right and efficient structure for our Trade Compliance team? Are you self-driven and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? We then have the right job opportunity for you!
- Provide an overall concept to ABB’s national organizations and strategic advice to the LBL TCO’s in all trade compliance matters (export control, sanctions, origin, customs, free trade and ERP integration)
- Supervise the implementation of ABB’s Trade Compliance Program and its internal directives (GDLI30, CHALI30) in the local entities
- Implement and maintain a communication and knowledge sharing concept observing Group TC instructions and guidelines
- Lead, support, instruct and teach LBL TCO’s
- Manage internal and external audits by the competent authorities (customs, SECO)
- Regularly report to, inform and update countries’ management level and board of directors
- Carry out internal checks on LBL level (internal control system) on trade compliance aspects (incoterms, HS codes, export control, sanctions screening, critical assessments, preferential origin aspects, import and export efficiency)
- Identify, evaluate and implement SAP GTS (and other ERP tool’s) improvement potential
- General contact person for SECO and for EZV and responsible for coordination of export licensing (ELIC, SNAR-R)
- Higher education with focus on Compliance and Integrity and/or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Law
- Several years of experience in a similar position and/or as a Trade Compliance Specialist
- Familiar with Swiss customs rules and CH/EU/US export control laws
- Profound experience in designing and implementing trade compliance structures in a fast changing environment
- First leadership experience or recognized leadership abilities
- Overall SAP and SAP GTS knowledge
- Self-driven personality who is used to work under high pressure
- English and German fluent, written and spoken, any other languages advantageous
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 463 68 05