Traction Vehicle Authorization Leader (80-100%)
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
- Schooling allowance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for an Authorization Leader for our Global Traction Retrofit business. In this role, you will be responsible for managing a wide range of activities relating to authorization of our retrofit projects. You will have the authorization responsibility and prepare the summaries and expertise to the assessors and authorities for securing a successful authorization. To secure this you will be identifying key requirements and translate authorization-relevant requirements in specifications for the project. Key will be your existing experience in the field of vehicle authorization.
Do you combine proven leadership skills with a hands-on mentality and the determination needed to see projects through to fruition? This is an outstanding opportunity for you to apply your expertise and help shape our business. Let’s write the future. Together.
- Lead homologation processes in our projects to secure approval in compliance with applicable standards
- Develop authorization plans, description of content and procedure of homologation processes, planning of activities, description of assessments process, coordinate authorization requirements and preparation of summaries and expertises
- Take an active, hands-on role for performing and coordinate authorization tasks and prepare the documents for NoBo/DeBo and the authorities
- Secure the assessment process and have regular status meetings with assessors (Notified Bodies, Country Designated Bodies, etc). Be able to explain the application during discussion with NoBo/ DeBo and defining and following up action plans in response to findings of the assessor
- Create the homologation dossiers, define the content, comply with the formal requirements, file the official homologation requests and formal submission of homologation dossiers with authorities
- Solid Master’s degree in Electrical or Rail Vehicle Engineering
- Several years authorization experience within the rail industry and proven track record
- Expertise relating to authorization principles, experience in applying standards and regulation requirements (e.g. TSI, NTTR)
- Pragmatic, hands-on approach combined with team spirit and finely-honed communication skills as well as assertiveness and determination
- Excellent command of German and English, both written and spoken; additional foreign language skills considered a plus
- Willingness to travel on business assignments
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Phone +41 79 627 45 23