Head of Procurement - PGHV Service (80-100%)
Zürich, Oerlikon, Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking to appoint an experienced hands-on individual as Head of Procurement for the PGHV Service Local Product Group. In this role, you will determine the strategic direction to be taken by the department with regards to purchasing and stock management over the entire life cycle of service products. Do you have the managerial skills required to ensure maximum customer satisfaction through on-time delivery and a strong commitment to quality? Are you capable of developing excellent relationships with your key suppliers? Let's write the future. Together.
PGHV Service in Switzerland has the responsibility over the worldwide installed base of Generator Circuit Breakers and Gas Insulated Switchgears. The product portfolio covers spare parts, preventive maintenance, repairs, retrofits, replacements and extensions.
- Lead and motivate your team of 9 individuals
- Revise and implement the Procurement strategy for the Service Portfolio, including spare parts kits but also material and services for turn-key projects with the goal to constantly improve availability and delivery times. Focus on product life cycle phases such as transition from product line to service as well as phase-out.
- Maintain and develop close dialogue and excellent relationships with local and global suppliers
- Specify, implement, and communicate standard delivery times for defined spare parts categories and maintain close dialogue with serial suppliers in support of Procurement excellence
- Retain services of key suppliers and track performance in respect of quality, delivery times, cost trends, and support in emergency cases in addition to overseeing supplier consolidation, pooling supply volumes, and initiating effective countermeasures in the event of non-conformities
- Support turnkey projects during proposal and execution stages by defining, negotiating, and monitoring supplier contracts, including addressing delivery issues
- Participate actively in shaping the strategy and the culture of the Service unit as a member of the management team
- Ensure smooth operational processes and continuously improve them including the interfaces
- Qualifications in Industrial Engineering or Business Administration with training in a technical field
- Five years experience in operative or strategic Supply Chain Management / Procurement, preferably in Service
- Hands on mentality able to work under pressure
- Team player with strong analytical and organizational skills and the ability to motivate
- Proven negotiation skills with external partners and customer orientation
- Proficiency in the use of SAP
- Excellent command of English at negotiating level (both written and spoken), preferably complemented by other language skills, e.g. German
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.