Senior Site Manager (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Senior Site Manager for a customer project to be run across several countries where customer’s head-quarter office is in Denmark, as central location. The Site Manager leads all site activities for large/complex project in Asia to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements during the start-up, construction and/or erection, commissioning, maintenance phases.
The position shall be anchored in the core team of the Project Management Office. The Senior Site Manager act on HSE as ambassador to the ABB’s site personnel for good practices and need to ensure that all site personnel follow ABB’s and our clients HSE-rules and -instruction, regulations and standards during installation and commissioning of ABB’s high voltage equipment. All these HV-equipment will be supplied by various ABB factories from different business units within the Power Grid division.
A frame agreement with customer gives ABB the opportunity to extend the contract to other projects in Europe, Asia and America. Do you want to take ownership and want to be part of a vibrant and challenging team? Then we are looking forward to your application!
- Act as organizational lead during all stages of the site works and hence single point of contact between client’s Overall Site Manager and ABB’s installation and commissioning experts
- Coordinates site facilities, office equipment, petty cash, etc.
- Guarantees a detailed and up-to-date construction Health & Safety (H&S) plan is in place in respect of each work package, compliant with the ABB H&S plan
- Confirms all on-site resources are properly trained on company health, safety and environment policy and proactively promotes health and safety considerations to project partners throughout the project
- Suspend any activities on site (be it by ABB personnel or by subcontractors) in case of HSE violation and, if a situation arises, takes the necessary steps to ensure that ABB employees and other persons who may be present are not put at risk
- Ensure timely deployment of ABB’s personnel for installation and commissioning works in accordance with overall Master Schedule (including demobilization and remobilization)
- Supervise all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, construction, erection, testing and commissioning activities in alignment with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements
- Makes sure that all documentation are modified and updated as necessary, the document handling system is maintained, and latest revisions are used for the construction work on site
- Timely release of site documentation with client and internal distribution to all ABB suppliers
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree from a relevant field of studies
- Strong site manager experience, structured and results oriented leader with strong analytical and operational controlling skills
- Senior Site Management Certification or any similar would be an asset
- Proofed negotiation skills, strategic thinking, cooperativeness and networking skills, commitment to the accountabilities
- Ability to motivate, coach and share the knowledge within the organization and the local team
- Business oriented mindset to support customer’s needs
- Willingness to travel; place of site work might be in North America, Europe or Asia
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Phone +41 79 294 80 85