Project Manager– End-of-Warranty Phase, Travel up to 50% (f/m/d)
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Are you keen to take ownership of system projects – of medium to high complexity – covering the project phase between shipment and end of warranty? This is your chance to help shape our business as Project Manager Drive Systems. In this role, you will be fully responsible for the successful installation and commissioning of systems as well as the effective management of warranty cases, e.g., in the areas of metals industry, renewable energy, or oil and gas. This will also include ensuring that targets relating to deadlines, costs, and other specific goals are met. Additionally, your duties will encompass coordination of different experts in this phase, reporting, content, scope and change management, and issues such as project-related risks, business opportunities and procurement.
- Take partly commercial and full technical responsibility for your projects and manage effective structuring, planning, budgeting, and execution from delivery until end of warranty
- Ensure that all contractual requirements are met
- Take responsibility for the achievement of commercial targets (revenue, cash flow, NWC, margins), which the Overall Project Manager sets in the framework of his overall responsibility
- Establish a commissioning team with resources from ABB hubs and suppliers, ensure a smooth operation of the team
- Ensure that Health & Safety and Quality standards are met, which will also include setting up Health & Safety plans
- Monitor projects and execute regular reporting (from time sheet to field service report)
- Repeated presence on customer sites worldwide may be needed to ensure own field services can progress fluently and effectively
- Optimize use of resources, including those in local organizations
- Contribute to internal improvement projects and ensure they are implemented in accordance with Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Degree in Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, and experience in managing customer projects especially covering field services. Experiences working on project sites will be an advantageous asset.
- Knowledge of drives, motors, and transformers as well as experience in managing commissioning and warranty cases for such components
- With your customer focus and leadership skills you contribute to the success of your projects. You have a very positive attitude towards challenges and change, and appreciate explicitly to contribute to this. You want to improve your work environment continuously in line with the strategy of your business area
- Ability to work successfully in a complex organization
- Proven track record in contract and claims management
- Knowledge of site administration (permit to work, gate access etc.)
- Strong command of English, good German skills are a definitive asset, other language skills too
- Well-developed communication skills and mindset needed to work within an international team and provide professional and timely responses to queries
- Assertiveness, results-oriented approach, and excellent analytical abilities
- Availability to travel up to 50%
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 627 45 23