Senior Scientist Electromagnetic Integration in Power Electronics (80%-100%)
Baden-Dättwil, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
To enforce our team we are looking for a Scientist, who will master electromagnetic design challenges, solves complex electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) questions and who supports the result implementation into products. This includes the following tasks.
- Perform applied research in the field of advanced power electronics integration for industrial components and systems
- Conduct power converter research with a focus on electromagnetic design and integration issues
- Perform electromagnetic field and circuit simulations and measurements
- Investigate design concepts for improving electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and reducing electromagnetic interferences (EMI)
- PhD in electrical engineering, power electronics, physics or a related discipline
- Expertise in electromagnetic engineering and integration technologies
- Familiarity with electrical and electromagnetic measurement techniques
- Experience in electrical circuit design, electromagnetic modeling and field simulations
- Interest in integration and manufacturing technologies of power electronic components and systems
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken
- Good organizational skills
- Action-oriented and analytical team player
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 792948257