Internship – Battery Simulation Toolbox
Baden-Dättwil, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Corporate Research, in close collaboration with ABB businesses, develops the foundations for the next generation of ABB products. As Intern you will be part of the theoretical and computational methods group, joining a team of engineers, scientists, and simulation experts. We would like to give a highly-motivated student the opportunity to complete a 6 month to 1-year internship in our company on the development of a simulation toolbox for accurate lifetime prediction of modern battery systems. Starting date is as soon as possible and the position is competitively paid.
- Design, program, and document a novel software toolbox
- Independent research and execution of challenging project tasks under competent supervision
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field; official enrollment essential
- Advanced knowledge of at least one programming language, e.g. C, C++, Python, MATLAB
- Practical experience with object-oriented software, multi-core systems, parallel software and modular software design is a plus
- Fluency in English or German
- Non-EU/EFTA citizens, please note that a certificate from your university, showing that an internship is a mandatory part of your studies, is required for the visa application. Please submit this document with the application, otherwise we cannot consider the application.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool.
A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Phone +41 79 627 45 23