Head of Control Engineering Traction (f/m/d) 80-100%
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a committed and passionate Head of Control Engineering Traction (f/m/d), with expertise in leadership, project execution and having a strong customer focus. In this challenging role, you and your ,motivated team of control software engineers, having the full responsibility of converter control software programming, testing and commissioning. Additionally, you will foster the technical project manager in your team.
Do you have the necessary skills and drive for enabling project execution for high quality products, the ambition to lead and manage a motivated engineering team and willingness to coordinate with other engineering and R&D teams? If so, this is your opportunity to take up a new challenge.
- Lead a Control Engineering team in strategic, technical and non-technical aspects
- Collaborate with other teams in Engineering, R&D and Service, Production and Converter Testing as well as with customer Engineering teams
- Drive continuous improvements in control software area in order to advance traction business as a whole
- Support and facilitate organizational development to meet customer expectations for today’s and future needs
- Coach and support the team members to utilize their full potential concerning technical know-how, processes, tools and templates
- Prioritize, track and manage the tasks of the team in alignment with the priorities of the traction organization
- Bachelor or Master degree in an Engineering area with focus on control software or power electronics
- At least three years’ work experience in a customer focused organization (R&D, engineering or service)
- Team lead and team player with excellent communication skills – internal and external
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, Codesys and/or railway industry would be an advantage
- Skills and willingness to work on continuous improvements projects (Lean Six Sigma skills being a plus)
- Excellent command of English and German, both written and spoken
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 627 45 23