Project Procurement Manager (80-100%)
Baden-Dattwil, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
As an integral part of the Industrial Automation division, we deliver state-of-the art electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services to our clients in Mining, Aluminum, Cement, Pulp & Paper, Metals and Hybrid Industries. Our solutions improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Currently, we are looking to appoint a Project Procurement Manager for our unit in Baden-Dättwil. In this role, you will be in charge of procurement execution for such projects, with a focus on timely delivery and contract-compliant quality and cost. The role will involve interfacing with Project Management, Engineering, Site Teams, etc. and coordinating the flow of information between across the project team and suppliers. Do your credentials include a proven track record in project management and experience gained at an international level? Then join us.
- Assume overall responsibility for correct and on-time delivery of goods and services procured from global suppliers
- Negotiate project changes and expedite their execution
- Conduct kick-off meetings, coordinate internal partners, handle documentation control, and track schedules and execution progress as part of project management activities
- Monitor status of project procurement activities, including proactive resolution of delays
- Defend ABBs contractual rights towards suppliers by compiling and addressing claims
- Coordinate required project members as required related to third party supplier deliveries
- Technical and/or commercial education, electrification background desirable
- Track record in purchasing or Supply Chain in industrial or plant engineering business
- Experience in global project business
- Knowhow in use of ERP system (e.g. SAP)
- Fluent command of English, preferably complemented by German language skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd
Telephone +41 79 794 08 89