Control Software Engineer –Traction Applications 80-100%
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Within our competence center for traction, we have a leading position in the development of control SW for traction and auxiliary converters for locomotives, high-speed trains, trams, subways and buses. We are looking for a passionate Control Engineer (m/f/d) eager to execute a SW project from the requirements to the first ride of a vehicle, to strengthen our motivated multidisciplinary Engineering team in Turgi. If you show great interest in control systems, power electronics and transportation systems, and look forward to make a train move, this is you opportunity to make a remarkable impact.
- Support the commissioning and integration of the hardware on board of locomotives, train sets and buses and witness the first successful ride of the vehicle
- Provide professional technical support to the internal project management, sales and service and to the external customers
- Program control SW for specific projects ranging from traction or auxiliary converters to energy storage systems used for locomotives, trains or electric buses
- Manage the specification of SW requirements, process documentation and homologation of the software
- Test your SW throughout various stages of the project in a simulated environment, in a laboratory and on site with the customer
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Control Systems is preferred. However, due to the interdisciplinary nature of our activity people with a Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science background are also encouraged to apply. If you have a Bachelor’s degree, but you have the relevant background, do not hesitate to apply, we will consider it
- Knowledge of closed loop control, basic signal processing, algorithms and real time programming mechanisms and understanding of Power Electronics
- Understanding of Matlab-Simulink and/or CODESYS programming environment
- Ability to work effectively in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team
- Cultural sensitivity when working with international customers
- Ready to travel for about approx. 40% of the time
- Good communication skills in English and German, both oral and written. Other languages are, of course, an invaluable asset
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 884 35 87