Business Health, Safety and Environment Specialist (60%)
Uster, Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB develops, produces, and markets premium-quality PMA cable protection systems. Offering a range of high-end products designed in Switzerland, we are acknowledged as a market leader of global repute.
To strengthen our team in Uster, we are currently looking for a Business HSE Specialist (f/m/d) (60%). In this position, you are responsible for the contribution to improve Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance and Corporate. In this role you provide analysis of HSE data within area of responsibility and Objectives and key performance indicators as required. Do you have international experience and the ability to work across countries? Then this is an opportunity not to miss. Let’s write the future. Together!
- Empowering the management team to understand obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles according to local HSE law and ABB Group policy, instructions and standards.
- Driving behavioral change through implementing the Group-wide system (The ABB Way), training, facilitating the delivery of support from the CoE (Center of Expertise) and implementing Business Line-specific programs and practices to create and maintain an exemplary health and safety culture
- Engaging internal and external stakeholders and cooperating with other functions to raise awareness and gain commitment to ABB Group Sustainability objectives and reporting on performance and progress, as required.
- Reporting and investigating HSE incidents, gathering feedback and communicating lessons learned and best practices to the wider business.
- Ensuring that the appropriate health, safety and environmental equipment and tools are available and used, identifying and planning required training for colleagues and ensuring compliance with the Group management system.
- Planning and executing HSE, Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility related projects, managing resources and reporting on objectives and progress to milestones.
- Facilitating HSE risk assessments by line management involving those directly and indirectly affected by hazards, ensuring all processes and corrective actions are implemented to protect our employees from harm.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- University degree in related area
- A couple of years of experience in Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems for construction/maintenance sites, working as HSE Technician CCP Level VI with Construction/maintenance sites
- Sound knowledge of Management systems and the Switzerland HSE legislation market
- Ability to manage complex issues and work with cross-functional teams
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills
- Good command of English and German, both written and spoken
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. The recruiting process is being led by Nathalie Bierschenk, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: