R&D Software Engineer FPGA (m/w/d) (80-100%)
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In our development center in Turgi we develop Power Electronic Converters for traction applications. We strengthen our position in the target markets with the continuous improvement of our products and technologies. With our innovative designs, we intend to open new markets and application areas. In the Control Software Group we develop powerful and reliable control software for Power Electronic Converters used in locomotives and train sets. We are looking for a technically experienced FPGA Software Engineer (m/f/d) who proves to be a team player in a very innovative and intercultural environment.
Do you combine an excellent knowledge in Power Electronics Engineering with a proven record in complex FPGA subsystems for leading-edge applications? Are you keen to advance your career by joining a global player with a heritage of excellence? It’s time to rewrite your future – welcome to ABB!
- Responsible for the development and the testing of complex FPGA Firmware (VHDL) for traction and auxiliary converters in railway applications
- Feasibility studies, simulation, implementation, testing and documentation according to traction development processes
- Provide technical support and advisory to internal customers
- Work in interdisciplinary project teams with engineers from power electronics and control domains
- Contribute and draft leading-edge development processes to enhance future success of the team
- University degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proven track record in programmable logic (VHDL) as well as expertise in FPGA architectures required
- Knowledge in Power Electronic Systems is of interest
- Proven record in testing and software development processes would be an advantage
- An excellent command of written and spoken German and English is essential for the role
- Structured work style as well as strong communication skills are key prerequisites enabling your ability to work in interdisciplinary project teams
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 468 88 91
ABB Data Privacy Statement: