Global Category Manager Project Materials Traction (80-100%)
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Traction is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in e-mobility. We contribute to make transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. For our traction and battery technology business, we are currently looking for a high-caliber individual to join our motivated Global Category Management team, located in Turgi, Switzerland. We are looking to attract an experienced individual who is capable of applying strong negotiation skills in area of Supply Chain Management on a day-to-day basis and inspiring others to embrace the culture of excellence. You will be operating in a complex corporate environment with numerous interfaces and stakeholders at various levels and will implement ABB overall strategy as well as Division SCM strategy, processes and initiatives related to the Category Management requirements. Are you ready to take on responsibility in this challenging role? This is your chance to make a difference. Join us in a world of innovation.
- Responsibility for the following categories: traction transformers, traction motors, chillers and other project materials
- Developing, planning and implementing Procurement & Logistics (PL) strategies with a focus on reducing costs, and increasing quality, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products for assigned category or group of categories.
- Management of supplier base - Set up & implement global category strategy in accordance with business strategy of all Traction locations, ensuring that the supply base/suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements; Where needed, coordinate the identification, investigation, selection and ramp-up of appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with Company policies and in collaboration with colleagues from Quality & Product Management; Lead frequent business reviews (e.g. performance monitoring) with key suppliers, in collaboration with colleagues from Quality and Product Management; Escalation level for all Traction locations in case of issues with on-time delivery & quality
- Supplier Negotiations - Perform RfQs and award projects keeping in mind lowest Total Cost of Ownership and material availability (OTD & Quality); Set up & negotiate Supply Agreements with main suppliers and periodically renew price lists
- Other - Drive cost-cut projects; Join supplier qualification audits
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or business administration
- Minimum experience of 5 years in strategic sourcing position
- Demonstratable knowledge of category / business relevant supply markets
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Multicultural approach and sensitivity
- A dynamic, broad-minded, and result-oriented personality with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, German is an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: