Chief Technology Officer (CTO) – ABB Turbocharging Division (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the development, manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enable our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains.
Committed to strengthening our global management team in Baden, Switzerland, we are currently looking to attract a passionate senior manager and engineer who can drive change and manage long-term competency and skill development. Are you enthusiastic for R&D topics and new technologies in a global environment and ready for the next challenge? Are you someone who can make the difference? If so, this is a great chance not to be missed. We look forward to hearing from you.
As ABB Turbocharging’s CTO, you are member of the global and local management teams, reporting to the Division President of ABB Turbocharging.
- Define and drive implementation of the technology strategy to secure marketable technologies and services that improve productivity, profitability, health and safety and lowering the environmental impact. Periodically update of this strategy and respective roadmaps and targets in accordance with the Division-strategy and –targets
- Responsibility of all technologies around turbocharging relevant for engine performance over its lifetime and/or relevant for the productive provision of products and services and/or to allow for efficient R&D
- Development of new Technologies to be applied in products and solutions designed in the respective product groups.
- Active part in the annual revision and approval of the Division Product-Market-Strategies and Make/Buy- and Investment-Roadmap
- Full budget and cost responsibility as well as overall responsibility for product performance and integrity
- Develop, implement and ensure efficient global use of tools and standards and cooperate within and across boundaries and provide support and recommendations in own area of technology
- Monitor global technology trends, analyze customer needs and watch competitor’s technologies
- Employee management of 6 direct reports and an area of total 130 employees
- Engineering degree (university or equivalent) complemented by at least 10 years relevant experience in R&D or R&D related activities in an international business environment
- Experience in a fast-paced and globally operating manufacturing environment is an advantage
- Understanding how digitalization impacts R&D, our Technology, products and services
- Good understanding of global combustion engine markets and customers is a must
- Solid experience in developing and leading global organizations with distributed teams and in change management
- Intrinsic motivation and the power to drive things forward also with a strategic orientation and systematic thinking
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions in difficult situations
- Management experience with a keen sense of collaboration across division boundaries
- Fluency in English, German would be an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 595 75 71
ABB Data Privacy Statement: