Master Thesis - Real time parameter estimation of battery cells (m/w/d) 80-100%
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Diploma work
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Traction is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in e-mobility. We contribute to make transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. In our development center in Turgi, we develop powerful and reliable Power Electronics Converters and Traction Batteries which are used in Electromobility and in the rolling stock industry. In the Control Software Group, we focus on control and observation of such systems. We are looking for a motivated Master Thesis student to work on parameter estimation schemes for battery systems, to ensure better operability over time and age estimation of the cells. Join ABB for your Master Thesis and work in a team that is dedicated to creating the future of motion!
- Develop online estimation algorithms for battery cell inner resistance
- Integration of the developed methods on Matlab/Simulink, test on simulated models
- Test against the real system (HIL validation)
- Develop and test additional algorithms for the remaining equivalent-model battery cell parameters is optional (to be evaluated during the thesis)
- Master enrolled student within Control or Electrical Engineering / or similar field
- Solid understanding of Control theory, especially on the domain of System Identification
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink and code generation
- Experience with energy storage systems is a plus
- Hands on mentality
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: