Design & Engineering Small Turbochargers Manager (m/f/d) (80-100%)
Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enable our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains.
We are currently looking for a Design & Engineering Small Turbochargers Manager (m/f/d) for our Initiative Small Turbocharger, who will join our global highspeed team to explore our opportunities beyond our currently established offering. The task is to develop in collaboration a competitive turbocharging offering for off-highway applications targeting engines below 150 mm bore. In this position you are part of shaping and launching a new offering to a market segment we are not active today. Are you structured personality paired with the ability to master different task in parallel and can you deal with uncertainty? Do you like to create and build new things from scratch to a business? Then this is an opportunity not to be missed. Let’s write the future. Together.
- Elaborate customer needs (opportunities and / or problems) and derive potential solutions in the context of turbocharging which creates an USP
- Extend the solution space to turbocharging concepts, aftertreatment, digital and alternative fuels
- Derive functional specification documents accordingly as a common base for product development in collaboration with an external partner. Benchmark functional specification with Customers.
- Lead the related development project from ABB side in cooperation with partners.
- Develop business case and keep it updated in the course of the project
- Develop and live the relationship with the external partner including jointly elaborated (dynamic and stable) processes and governance schemes
- Build-up a strong understanding of product design, qualification, supply chain, quality control and cost drivers
- Build-up required organizational competences along the project execution
- Actively share and transfer learnings with the existing organizations in ABB Turbocharging.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Min. 10 years experiences in the small turbocharger business
- Min 5 years experiences in leading positions
- Experience with developing strategic projects (products and/or systems) up to market introduction
- Proven track record of creativity (e.g. Patents)
- Proven track record of project management
- High level of organizational development skills (work methodologies, structure, processes)
- Open mindedness and strong interpersonal skills
- Business fluent in English and German
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Nathalie Bierschenk, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Data Privacy Statement: