Continuous Improvement & Quality Expert 80 - 100%
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Within our competence center for traction, we have a leading position in the design and the development of traction converters and associated electronic components for locomotives, high-speed trains, trams, subways and buses. Our motto: "Keeping the world moving, while saving energy every day." Energy storage systems are a key technology for the future of sustainable mobility and play an important role in the electrification and decarbonization of road and rail transport.
As a Continuous Improvement & Quality Expert, you will join the growing traction battery operations organization. You will take ownership for all processes in the manufacturing plant that relate to continuous improvements and product quality, with a strong focus on achieving the targets related to quality, efficiency, cost and safety.
- Deploy Lean Six Sigma tools to quickly address and improve efficiency & effectiveness in the battery production, establish the required processes and train the teams
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities and lead the larger improvement projects, ensuring adherence to time frame, quality and cost requirements.
- Act as a coach for our teams and leadership to improve the overall organization skills in areas such as Shopfloor Management, CIP, Lean Management, Kaizen and 5S methods.
- Oversee and support production quality verifications on new processes, new machines, new materials, new suppliers, including the definitions of acceptance criteria for suppliers and products
- Lead the team in judging and managing product quality deviations, solving them with the right stakeholders (operators, local management, R&D or SCM)
- Oversee and optimize the local quality processes, including areas such as product quality control, production data analysis, maintenance, engineering changes and training
- Support internal and external audits
- University degree in a technical field with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing related role
- First-hand experience in several of the following areas: continuous improvement, Lean Six Sigma (green belt or higher), process design, lean production, quality control, quality audits, project management and change management
- Strong willingness to actively shape an up-and-coming organization
- Strong affinity to processes
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with many different stakeholders in a complex organization
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office tools and ERP systems
- Excellent command of German and English, both written and spoken
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Joya Bashar, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Data Privacy Statement: