Principal engineer Manufacturing Technologies (m/f/d) (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enables our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains. Approximately 200.000 ABB turbochargers are in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We have over 100 Service Stations in more than 50 countries worldwide, relying on a strong and fast digital backbone.
We are looking for an innovative Manufacturing Technologies Engineer, who will strengthen our efforts in 3D printing and material sciences. The jobholder will be responsible for technology development projects with focus on new advances manufacturing technologies and materials within the turbocharger core component department. If you are experienced in 3D printing of steel or nickel based alloys and/or have a strong material science background and if you are open for new innovative ideas, then we look forward to getting to know you
- Leading technology development projects
- Responsible for collaborations on manufacturing technologies with external partners and universities
- Defining the Manufacturing Technology Roadmap for Turbocharger Core Components
- Supporting our Senior Principal Engineer for Material Technology
- Internal interface for our factories on Manufacturing Technology Projects
- Support advanced concept studies with respect to novel manufacturing technologies and/or materials
- Reporting to the department manager Turbocharger Core Components
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Min. 3 years manufacturing and/or material science background (or PhD )
- Experience of Steel and Nickel based alloys
- Experiences with FEM tools and mechanical integrity calculation methods
- Familiar with turbomachinery
- Open mindedness and strong interpersonal skills
- Very high level of structuring and self-organization
- Business fluent in English and German
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 101 37 57