Product Specialist for Medium Voltage Converters (80-100%)
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Medium Voltage Drives are used in most industries to control and optimize customer processes while saving energy when turning a motor. Same electrical topologies are used to recuperate the energy from a generator such as a wind turbine. In ABBs Center of Excellence for Medium Voltage Drives in Turgi, Switzerland we are developing, producing and maintaining these high power products.
To strengthen our Customer Support Team we are looking for a passionate engineer which will ensure advanced product support to our customers worldwide. In this role you will become a specialist for commissioning, troubleshooting and support of others.
After a training period you will be focussing on complex product and system issues for our PCS6000 family, an ABB product driving the world’s largest offshore wind turbines.
In our multicultural team we offer a tailored development plan with a team internal career path, conditions supporting flexible working times and are willing to take risks to support our customers and their needs individually.
- Lead for the resolution of technical cases and technical guidance of customers (remote real-time support)
- Participation in ensuring 24/7 availability of expert support
- Being able to build and lead a resolution team (including other functions) depending on the complexity of the issue.
- Develop and conduct Expert training to ABB's global service network (virtual and class room)
- Coordinating the commissioning team at customer site (Onsite management)
- Collaborate with Customers, Factory production, Quality team and R&D to transfer the onsite observations into product improvements
- Master or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related fields
- Strong customer and solution orientation with the ability to approach technical challenges in a structured manner
- Communicative and structured personality with the ability to collaborate and work in interdisciplinary teams
- Basic knowledge about Drive systems (e.g. electrical machines, transformers, power electronics, etc.) is beneficial
- Readiness to travel (approx. 20%-40%) worldwide at customer sites
- Excellent communication skills, and very good command of English. Other languages such as German, Chinese, or French would be an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 941 6304
ABB Data Privacy Statement: