Head of Turbocharger Core Components (m/f/d) (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enables our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains. Approximately 200.000 ABB turbochargers are in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We have over 100 Service Stations in more than 50 countries worldwide, relying on a strong and fast digital backbone.
We are looking to appoint a Head of Turbocharger Core Components, who will drive and make a real difference in how our customers’ engine products perform. In this role you will develop turbocharger core components (compressor, turbine, bearings and casings) to meet future market requirements. Are you a passionate expert in thermal turbomachinery and would like to play a leading role in shaping our future technology development? If so, then this is an opportunity not to miss.
We – dedicated and skilled people – make the difference. Let’s write the future. Together.
- Owner of a technology portfolio regarding core components
- Thermo- and aerodynamical design and simulation
- Structural mechanics design and simulation, vibrational analysis
- Material and manufacturing technologies, providing design-relevant material data and advice on material science issues
- Ensuring and further developing the basic knowledge, methodology and calculation methods in these fields
- Provide advanced analytics for core components to support digital offerings
- Definition and maintenance of the relevant qualification procedures and requirements for the turbocharger core components
- Advice and support of the product lines regarding turbocharger core components know-how and methodologies
- Actively enhance and live a system of collaboration partners from universities and industry
- Support the formulation and implementation of the Technology Strategy, roadmaps and targets in accordance to the division and Product-Market-Strategy
- Mechanical engineering degree
- Proven track record in the field of thermal turbomachinery
- Strategic orientation, systematic thinking, consequent mgt
- Understanding of global markets and customers
- Over 10 years of relevant experience in R&D or R&D related activities in an international business environment
- Experience in developing and leading an organization with experienced experts
- Fluent in English, German is an asset
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 101 37 57
ABB Data Privacy Statement: