Head of Turbocharger Core Components (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role you will be responsible for the development of turbocharger core components (compressor, turbine, bearings and casings) to meet future market requirements, in Process Automation Turbocharging.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer Turbocharging, you will drive and make a real difference in how our customers’ engine products perform.
- owner of a technology portfolio regarding core components
- thermo- and aerodynamical design and simulation
- structural mechanics design and simulation, vibrational analysis
- material and manufacturing technologies, providing design-relevant material data and advice on material science issues
- ensuring and further developing the basic knowledge, methodology and calculation methods in these fields
- provide advanced analytics for core components to support digital offerings
- definition and maintenance of the relevant qualification procedures and requirements for the turbocharger core components
- advice and support of the product lines regarding turbocharger core components know-how and methodologies
- actively enhance and live a system of collaboration partners from universities and industry
- support the formulation and implementation of the Technology Strategy, roadmaps and targets in accordance to the division and Product-Market-Strategy
- Mechanical engineering degree
- proven track record in the field of thermal turbomachinery
- Strategic orientation, systematic thinking, consequent management
- Understanding of global markets and customers
- Over 5 years of relevant experience in R&D or R&D related activities in an international business environment
- Experience in developing and leading an organization with experienced experts
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Nathalie Bierschenk, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: