R&D Embedded Software Engineer 80-100%
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Traction is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in e-mobility. We contribute to make transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day.
In our development center in Turgi, we develop powerful and reliable platform SW for our power electronics controller. The controller is used in various power electronics applications, e.g. converters for traction applications or excitation systems. In your role as SW Developer, you will program, test and design on all layers of the embedded software, to ensure a stable and reliable platform for the application developers.
We are looking for an embedded SW developer, who is open-minded, customer-oriented and innovative. You should be a team player who collaborates across organizational levels in an intercultural environment in an agile setup. Graduates as well as experienced SW engineers are welcome. It’s time to rewrite your future – welcome to ABB!
- Responsible for the whole SW development life cycle (SDLC) of working software: Requirements engineering, design, implementation, test including final system testing and maintenance
- Handle software configuration management and build processes
- Maintain existing software and test infrastructure
- Develop software components and drivers for embedded systems
- Automate system and integration tests
- Integration of Matlab/Simulink components on a target platform, e.g. ARM architecture
- Solid degree in computer science, electrical engineering or electronics
- Good understanding about embedded systems
- Proficient in programming in C and C++
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink and timing requirements for automated code generation
- Knowledge about m- and tlc scripts
- Knowledge of an embedded OS (e.g. Linux, VxWorks) advantageous
- Strong analysis and complex problem-solving skills
- Software engineering skills including software design and architecture
- Fluent in English, German advantageous
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
ABB Data Privacy Statement: