Senior Project Engineer
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
This role calls for a professional electrical engineer with versatile experience in power systems and substation systems.
Drawing on your experience in the above mentioned area you will act as a highly competent point of contact for internal clients and interfacing departments. Do your credentials include the ability to work swiftly, accurately, and independently? If you're a team player with a keen eye for detail and the capacity to remain calm and collected in any situation, this is an opportunity not to be missed. Join us!
- Technical Lead of Electrical Design & Engineering of Railway Substation Projects
- Overall responsibility for managing and leading all engineering activities of the project
- Instruct, supervise & coordinate engineering with internal & external partners and sub-suppliers
- Close co-operation with Project Management, Sales & Tender management as well as local engineering/commissioning teams
- Prepare specifications & check supplier’s offers
- Lead & attend discussions with customers, handle site queries and take necessary actions
- Attend site and some commissioning activities are included
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10 year of experience in power systems engineering with minimum of 5 years’ experience in substations for AC/DC railway applications
- Fluency in English is mandatory – French/German or other languages are an advantage
- Proactive, result-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills as well as reliability and ability to work under pressure
- Skilled communicator who can interface with numerous external and internal parties and stakeholders at all levels in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to travel internationally as projects require – Customer visits/FAT's/site activities/etc.
- Work location will be Baden, Geneva or Morges (!)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 468 88 91