Electrical Engineer System Drives (80-100%)
Turgi, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
- Gym membership
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB System Drives keeps the world turning, while saving energy every day. We are the leading supplier of drives, drive systems and packages for the process industries, infrastructure and utility as well as transportation and renewable energy sector. Operating globally at an interdisciplinary level, our Engineering team is very closely involved in all customer projects, from receipt of orders to successful delivery to the customers. We engineer medium voltage drives for a wide variety of applications in the expanding system drives market and converters for wind turbines. For this multifaceted business, we are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer with at least some basic experience relating to medium voltage technology and a high level of initiative and ownership. Are you a team player with strong communication skills and a passion for innovation and ongoing improvement? If so, this is your chance to join our aspiring team and shape the successful future of System Drives with us.
- Plan and engineer hardware and software for medium voltage drives and prepare associated technical documentation (E-CAD)
- Contribute to calculation and design as well as production and testing as part of joint projects
- Provide functional support for Project Lead and Sales, including assistance with/during customer presentations or negotiations
- Support colleagues during commissioning and for the purpose of rectifying faults (max. 5% travel)
- Prepare and drive continuous product improvements and contribute to process optimization in the engineering environment
- Higher degree (Advanced Federal Diploma of Higher Education, Degree of Applied Science or University Degree) in Electrical Engineering, with a focus on power electronics, drive technology, or similar
- Knowledge of advanced programming languages such as C++ or MATLAB/Simulink considered advantageous
- Ideally, proficiency in the use of CAD
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer focus
- Structured approach to work combined with a high result-orientation
- Solid command of German and English
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Vera Keller, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: