Sales Manager (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Drives deliver a complete range of motors, generators and drive products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers with a focus on addressing their individual needs and supporting them to be successful. For our Front-End Sales team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose. For our team in Baden, which is responsible for the Swiss market, we are currently looking to appoint a Sales Manager. You will be the one driving our sales performance and lead and coach the local sales organization to meet ambitious targets and exceed customer expectations. Become part of an aspiring, dynamic team and shape the future with us and our customers!
This position is based in Baden, but also includes travel within Switzerland and can be combined with remote working.
- Leading and building a robust Sales organization, with HR support, through best practices, training and cross-collaboration
- Defining and implementing effective sales and business-development initiatives in alignment with global strategy
- Identifying new business opportunities among current and prospective customers as well as clear strategies to convert them
- Coordinating the information flow around sales activities and providing forecasts, analysis and market intelligence to ensure achievement of defined sales targets
- Driving sales volume and margin through own sales activities at customers, including preparing sales plans
- Establishing strong customer relationships and maintaining positive customer experience throughout the sales process
- Conducting contract risk assessments and working closely with relevant parties to mitigate risk
- Experience in leading a team and shaping a successful sales organization
- Several years of national account management and business development experience
- Higher degree in Business Administration or Sales Management
- Profound technical knowledge in the field of motors, generators and drives
- High level of motivation, self-starter with drive and winner spirit who can infect his/her team with the own attitude
- Exceptional communication and negotiating skills, customer-focused mindset and a professional, “can-do” attitude
- Fluent in German and English, French and Italian language skills are an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Vera Keller, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: