Senior Embedded Control FW Engineer (80-100%)
Quartino, Ticino, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The UPS Embedded Control FW Engineer will be responsible for the design of control algorithms for embedded electronics systems and the development of microcontrollers and DSP firmware code including testing and validation.
Are you keen to join a multidisciplinary team of electrical and mechanical engineering experts? Do you have the professional skills and personal credentials needed to help drive R&D forward in a fast-paced environment? If you share our passion for excellence, please apply now!
- Write technical FW specification following the requirements of product management
- Develop, implement and validate innovative control solutions
- Deploy Special FW features for dedicated execution of Customer Specific Projects
- Conduct and coordinate complex analyses and develop Recommendations based on sound technology/engineering practices and business considerations
- Support production and after sales during trouble shooting phases
- Lead the overall design cycle of the new product, from simulation, design, test, validation and documentation
- Manage technical documentation and reports in support of highly effective and dynamic R&D operations
- University degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Control Electronics / Embedded Electronics or equivalent related experience
- Sound knowledge in C programming languages as well as software architecture design
- Proven experience in control algorithm design and simulation with Matlab and Simulink / PLECS
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as GIT, MS Azure DevOps or equivalent tools.
- Demonstrated abilities: strong analytical skills, manage multiple tasks, self-starter and independent.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite
- Fluency in Italian and English (written and spoken).
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and work in a multicultural environment
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 468 88 91
ABB Data Privacy Statement: