Local Manufacturing Group Manager 80 - 100%
Quartino, Ticino, Switzerland
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
Committed to strengthening our Location in Quartino, Switzerland, we are currently looking to attract a Local Product Group Manager who is responsible for the location and its success.
This role calls for a senior professional Local Product Group Manager who combines an excellent understanding of managing teams with a genuine flair in engineering. We are looking for someone who drives the change within the product group in Quartino, someone who develops and pushes employees to their best.
Does this sound like your next career step? If so, this is an opportunity not to be missed. We look forward to hearing from you. Let's write the future. Together.
- Implement the Global Product Group strategy in the Country/Cluster, and ensure business development, including profit and loss (P&L), in domestic and allocated market
- Ensure development of performance targets in line with global targets and ensure achievement through regular oversight and definition of improvement actions as needed
- Evaluate market opportunities and decides appropriate activities in line with the strategy
- Ensure profitable business growth in the domestic and allocated market
- Oversee production and/or execution of high-quality products, services and processes
- Monitor quality metrics, identify opportunities for improvement in local execution, and oversee improvement activities
- Ensure the execution of projects according to agreed targets in terms of schedule, quality, financial results and customer satisfaction
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction
- Drive change within the location and develop employees in their career and personality
- Ensure (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed
- Guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinate within HR pol
- University degree in a technical field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in same or similar roles performed in structured and complex environment
- Strong leadership skills, acting as a role model in regards of the ABB values and driving a change and empowerment culture
- Ability to interact with different levels in an international and virtual environment, creating a wide networking both with internal and external stakeholders to extend his/her view on external market and customers’ need and elaborate innovative solutions
- Solid managerial experience that will let you manage relation with peers superior and direct reports, and create commitment and excitements toward project and goals
- Both Italian and English language skills are required, and German is preferred but not essential
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 79 468 88 91
ABB Data Privacy Statement: