Application Owner SAP EWM / Process Engineer Warehouse Management (80-100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enables our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains. Approximately 200.000 ABB turbochargers are in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We have over 100 Service Stations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
In this exciting role we are looking for a team player with experience in a complex and international process environment. You bring along innovative and holistic thinking and are comfortable with proactive expectation and conflict management at a senior level. Do you easily capture new business opportunities and are you described as a bridge builder and integrator? You can make a difference.
In the role as process engineer warehouse management you are continuously analysing, enhancing and optimizing warehouse management processes within the global Division Turbocharging. You are identifying process improvement potentials enabled by new technologies and/or applications in close cooperation with the business and therefore ensuring a structured and transparent evaluation of new applications. In resulting projects you act as a project member and main speaking partner of the IT department.
Additionally, you are identifying trends and key enabling technologies in the area of digitalization to contribute to the increase of the divisions process efficiency or value creation with new business models.
In the role as application owner SAP EWM you are the main speaking partner for logistics, warehousing and procurement departments in relation to SAP EWM.
You are consulting the departments in relation to SAP EWM with the help of business power user organization and during implementation of process optimization within IS applications. Additionally, you are coordinating the application strategy and implementation in close cooperation with product groups, division and Group IS delivery functions.
- Collaboration in ongoing projects for the rollout of SAP EWM at the Service Plant in Baden, Switzerland
- Planning and implementation of further projects for the rollout of SAP EWM at the production plant in Baden, Switzerland
- Represent division interests in IS projects in the role as application owner and process engineer for assigned warehouse management applications and processes
- Project management and participation in process improvement projects
- Build up and extend knowledge about division business processes and application landscape
- Relevant university degree combined with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar role within an industry/service environment
- Practical experience in Warehouse Management, Material Flow Systems, Storage and Transport Systems
- At least 5 years of experience on SAP EWM and SAP WM
- Strong skills down to customizing level on SAP EWM and WM incl. RF solution
- Deep SAP process knowledge on the logistic modules MM, QM, PP, SD beneficial
- Experience in ABAP debugging preferable but not a must
- Experience on S4/HANA preferable
- Solid project management experience (agile/hybrid approach) is a must
- Work experience in an international (complex) industrial groupis an asset
- Experience with SAP EWM module in industry with strong focus on logistics, warehousing and procurement
- Experience with SAP integration / interface projects and technologies like ALE, Idoc in general
- Experience with any other SAP module is a plus
- Fluency in English and German
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Elina Seibold, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd.
A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: