Global PG Controller & Commercial Manager (100%)
Baden, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward-thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make successful, long-term business decisions.
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enable our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains.
You will be a vital member of the finance team within the ABB Turbocharging division, in Baden, Switzerland (IATU CH). In this role you will act as a business partner to the product group manager to further develop the global business model and optimize financial performance across countries and regions. You will support effective business decisions by monitoring, analyzing and interpreting financial data to evaluate business alternatives and recommend most appropriate solutions. You will have the chance to drive definition and implementation of global standards and specific guidelines incl. internal control. Is this what you are seeking for? This is your chance to make a difference.
- Provide global key business data for the service network and split of profitability by product line
- Analysis of business performance vs. budget and forecast while ensuring high quality of reporting
- Stringent drive and follow-up on pricing quality, cost reductions, NWC and productivity
- Act as a sparring partner for commercial aspects to the PG management team
- Responsible for the risk review process at PG level (incl. service contracts) ensuring that the processes are adhered and legal templates for service contracts are kept up to date
- Definition of short-, medium- and long-term performance targets in line with Division ambition
- Ensures transparency in financial reporting and disclosures; sign off Assurance letter for area of responsibility
- Define and implement internal controls regarding financial and non-financial operations; support internal and external audits
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial-/operational performance and implement best practices
- Provide guidance and priorities to the LPG Controllers, deploy Division and PG specific guidelines and common processes in LPGs
- Skill and competence development of dedicated controllers, resource-management together with the Division Controller and succession planning
- University degree in Business Administration or a Finance related field (e.g. Accounting, Controlling) or equivalent
- At least 10 years of relevant business administration and controlling experience
- Experience in leading distributed teams and in change management is a must
- Analytical thinking, organizational and commercial skills
- Understanding of global markets
- Fluency in English and German
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Elina Seibold, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: