Electromechanical Service Supervisor on site (80-100%)
Baden-Dattwil, Aargau, Switzerland
- Job type
- Flexible work practices
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation. Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions. Committed to strengthening our dedicated Field Service team for ABB’s High Power Rectifiers business, we are currently looking for an Electromechanical Service Supervisor. In this role, you will supervise and coordinate service work of internal and external resources and equipment technical specialists during on-site installation/construction activities to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements. Can you benefit from a combined knowledge in the field of electromechanics, do you like to take responsibility and enjoy travelling about 80% of your working time? Then this is your chance you should not miss! We are looking forward to your application!
- Planning on-site service activities related to High Power Rectifiers with Site Manager or Site Construction Manager including necessary local resources, equipment and milestones.
- Responsible, from receiving the assigned site area from the customer or Project Manager to handing over, for coordinating all on-site activities to ensure the successful execution of start-up, installation/construction, service and erection activities in alignment with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Actively supporting the service activities by contributing technical knowledge or by executing technical work yourself.
- Serving as a project representative by building and maintaining effective relationships with customers as well as other local organizations.
- Ensuring ABB's Health & Safety guidelines are applied, that all on-site resources are properly trained and take appropriate action if the guidelines are violated.
- Monitoring correct handling, storage and installation of ABB-delivered equipment, coordinating on-site storage as well as shipment logistics to secure timely site delivery of equipment and material.
- Leading the sub-contractors on site hired by ABB or customer to ensure necessary quality and progress achieved to meet delivery date and agreed standards.
- Ensuring all documentation is modified and updated as necessary, the document handling system is maintained, and latest revisions are used for the construction work on site. Documentation also includes monitoring and reporting of financial parameters.
- Electromechanical background complemented with several years in a service role
- Experience coordinating multiple tasks & people at the same time
- Independent and disciplined approach to work, strong interest in taking responsibility
- High customer orientation and the motivation to achieve project goals successfully
- Strong communication skills, fluency in English
- Willingness to travel internationally 80% of the working time (on all continents)
- Valid work permit for Switzerland or joining from an EU/EFTA state
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. The recruiting process is being led by Sophia Papavero, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd.
A better world begins with you at https://new.abb.com/ch/karriere
ABB Data Privacy Statement: